TELESCOPE CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS
22 Green st.
Gina - Apt. 3A
- 27 years old
- Homecoming queen from Lawrence, Kansas
- Aspiring model/actress
- Bartender and NYC socialite
- Goes out every night
- Her parents currently help support her and her lifestyle but now are about to cut her off.
- If she doesn’t get a modeling/acting job soon, she will have to get a day job and possibly move out of NYC.
NICK - Apt. 2B
- 36 years old, with a wife (Charlotte) and 3-year-old child (Rose).
- Nick and Charlotte were madly in love when first moving to the city.
- Nick was in a semi-successful rock band for years. He is now a working musician and writer who takes care of the baby during the week and gigs on weekends/nights.
- Charlotte is an artist, but now works as a graphic designer for an ad agency. She’s always wanted to sell her art and didn’t want to take this job but they needed income for the family.
- They are both feeling overwhelmed with having a child and trying to hold on to their careers/dreams, and it’s putting a strain on their relationship.
- Nick never saw himself cheating on Charlotte, but is now finding himself thinking about Gina.
- They are both becoming unhappy with their marriage but somewhat afraid to accept/talk about it.
RAMON - APT. 1C
- Ramon spent the past 10 years in jail after being charged as an accomplice in the murder of his brother’s killer.
- He was recently released and is now the super of the building he grew up in. His dying mother owns the building and plans on leaving it to him.
- Ramon and his brother were drug dealers in this neighborhood and were well known as such. They also threw block parties and helped a lot of people in their community. He was highly respected but also feared.
- He is struggling with the gentrification that has taken place in his beloved neighborhood. The old liquor stores and bodegas he once hung out in front of are now juice bars. Dive bars are now cocktail bars.
- He is not recognized as he once was. His 90’s hip hop style makes him stand out in what is now a hipster neighborhood.